Dear members and friends of Rickmansworth Bowls Club,
Apologies for the delay in our latest club update. It has been a busy few weeks with lots of bowls being played around the club. If I miss anyone out in this update, please let me know, and I will make sure to include your achievements in the next one. Here's a roundup of the recent happenings:
Welcome New Members:
A warm welcome to Eleanor Palmer, Roger Barton, Dean Osborne, Amanda Wallington, Mike Ducker & David Hibbert who have recently joined our club. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask our other members. We are always happy to help you settle in.
- Please make sure to check the notice board for upcoming matches and put your names down if you are available to play. Your participation is essential for the success of our club.
- 3rd June Rickmansworth Bowls Club v Denham they cancelled the match due to no players available.
- 7th June Rickmansworth Bowls Club v Uxbridge we cancelled due to lack of interest from our members.
- 10th June Rickmansworth Bowls Club 66 v 63 Pinner BC
- 14th June Royal British Legion 82 v 34 Rickmansworth Bowls Club
- 21st June Rickmansworth Bowls Club 47 V 55 Harrow Weald BC
- Rickmansworth v RBL won 50 - 34.
- League match v Tring won 15 - 14
- League match against Croxley Guild lost 11 - 23.
- Friendly against Croxley Guild lost 9 - 21.
Watford & District:
- Congratulations to Steve and Paul for advancing to the next round of the Watford & District Pairs. They played an intense and closely contested match against Gerrards Cross, emerging as the winners with a score of 17-15. Well done!
- The Triple team comprising of Tom, Paul, and Steve also showcased their skills by securing a hard-fought victory against a talented Garston team, winning with a score of 17-13. Great job, team!
- In their first-ever match as a 4, Roger, Tom, Paul, and Steve faced a competitive and experienced Garston 4. Although the better team prevailed on the day, with Garston securing an impressive 22-10 victory, our Ricky team learned valuable lessons and are determined to come back stronger next season.
- Ian Armstrong displayed an impressive performance in his vets singles, winning by a single point with a score of 21-20. Congratulations on your remarkable win, Ian!
- Unfortunately, our Rickmansworth 4s team comprising of Ian A, Nick, and others suffered a loss against a strong Mill End side. However, like our other team, they will regroup and strive for success in the next season.
- Roy Robinson and Nick started their Watford and District Aussie Pairs journey on a positive note, winning their first-round match against a team from Herts with a score of 16-12. Well done, Roy and Nick!
- Our first men's county league match was a thrilling encounter against Kitcheners. Although both of our 4s teams narrowly lost by just one shot on each rink, it was a great experience for all players, who thoroughly enjoyed the match and the post-game food.
- Nick also represented our club admirably in the County Singles, facing off against Jerry Rumball of Garston, the current National Over-55 Singles champion. Despite a valiant effort, Nick lost with a score of 21-12. Well done, Nick, for taking on such formidable competition and representing our club with pride.
- Ian Jacklin and Nick continued their successful run in the National Pairs, triumphing over a team from Tring in the second round with a score of 20-10. Congratulations on advancing to the next stage!
- Tuesday, June 27th: Tom, Paul, and Steve have a home Triples fixture in the Watford & District competition against Abbotts Langley. The match will commence at 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday, June 28th: Steve and Nick will be participating in the next round of the Aussie Pairs, facing off against a team from Herts. The match will begin at 6:00 PM.
- Thursday: The men's team will take on Met Police in the Griffin Cup.
- Saturday, July 1st: We have a home friendly fixture against Hayes starting at 2:00pm
- 1st July club home friendly fixture vs Hayes 2pm. Please put names on the board to play
- 29th June the ladies have a home match 2:30 vs Kings Langley
- 27th June Mens Vets Green have a home fixture against Berko Red 2:15pm
- 30th June Mens Vets Yellow have an away fixture against Herts green 2:15pm
Club competitions are up on the website and on the board next to the kitchen. If you have entered any please have a look as the matches will start to be played soon. If you have any matches or news you would like to include in the next update please let me know email@example.com